First steps after your acceptance
As soon as the acceptance papers of the employer are available, they will be sent to you by the responsible National IAESTE Committee. Once these papers are in your hands, it's time to settle a few things:
- Within 2 weeks you need to complete the N5 / b form and return it to the National IAESTE Committee of your home country (sometimes you may need to complete and submit more than one form). Once we received the N5 / b form, we will start looking for a place for you to stay. So it is very important to return the N5 / b form as soon as possible.
- If you are not an EU citizen, you will need a visa to enter Germany. You should apply for this at the nearest German embassy as soon as possible, since the process often takes a few weeks. For the Visa application form you'll need the N5 / a. Please ask for a "Schengen visa" because this visa is valid also in our neighboring countries, like Poland or Scandinavian countries, which are not far away.
- Make sure that your passport is valid for the whole duration of your internship and six additional months
- Get an International Student Identity Card (ISIC)
- Book a flight to Germany. For more information on how to get to Rostock go here. Please inform us about the date and location of your arrival.
IAESTE trainees in Germany are insured by the DAAD. An extra insurance is usually not necessary; whoever needs an additional insurance is asked to take care of it individually.
You will find further information at this page at this page http://www.welcome-region-rostock.de/en/ and also some basic information at this page www.welcome-center.uni-rostock.de/en/ (however, please do not contact the welcome center, always reach out to us).